The greatest asset of any organization is the employees! Hiring and training employees is an expensive venture. Hiring the right person is more about skills and abilities; it is about finding the right combination of skills, attitude, and fit for your organization’s culture. Over the years, one problem has remained a surprising constant globally; the inability of organizations to crack the code on hiring the right people for critical job positions. A lot of research has been done in this area with recommendations especially to hire people with the appropriate skills. Actually, knowing which skills to put first on the list of hiring criteria is the biggest obstacle to successful hiring. The good news is, it’s not too late to learn how to prioritize skills in such a way that you are consistently hiring candidates who are well-suited for their jobs…and much less likely to attrite in the long-term
This is a two (2) day program focused on empowering you to recruit and hire the right candidates and fit them to the company culture. Participants will obtain the necessary tools required in finding that rare talent.
Topics to be covered include:
- Define and explain why business strategy is key to effective recruitment practice.
- Defining and Knowing the Position – Needs and Job Analysis
- Hiring Strategy – Company Information, Salary Range and preparation
- Attracting Great Candidates – Advertising, how to treat candidates, the competition
- Filtering Applicants to Interview – Analyzing Cover Letters, Grading Resumes, Phone Interviews
- The Interview – Introductions, using a panel, matching the interview to the job, questions
- The Selection Process – Testing, Look for Passion and Enthusiasm, Background Checks, Education Level Vs. Experience, Consensus, Checking References
- How to make offers, Speed effect, Employment Details, Notifying Rejected Candidates
- Onboarding – Training and Orientation, Mentoring, 30 60 90 Day Reviews, welcoming them to your culture.
Group work and simulation exercises; classroom discussions and case analyses will be used to reinforce concepts taught.
Training Fee: N60, 000
- Lagos: 20th and 21st of February, 2016
Course Duration: 8 Hours Daily (General) recertification credit
Lagos Training Venue: Certification Edge, 18 Esomo Close off Toyin Street Ikeja Lagos
Recertification Credit: 12 HR (General) recertification credit
To Register: Click Here or for more inquiry call 08023434966
Maintain Your HR Certification
Now you can add a prestigious certificate to your resume and maintain your HR certification. This course can be used toward HRBP®, HRMP®, PHR®, SPHR® and GPHR® recertification through the HR Certification Institute™.
“This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute for review.”