TIME MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
“I need more time” is the normal cliché for managers when it becomes obvious that they cannot achieve their work deliverables at the set time. You keep hearing it over and over again. The obvious resolution is to work smarter not harder i.e. implementing and rethinking their approach to Time Management.
Making more intelligent use of time by structuring ways and techniques to address your workload in a smarter way can lead to a more productive workforce getting more important work done in less time and with less stress!
Time management can have a huge effect on your performance and productivity in the workplace. Not only will it make you a more efficient employee, but it will also help you meet deadlines and produce better quality work
There are so many reasons why time management is important at work. It is one of the most sought after qualities for employees to have, and with good reason. Managers need to be able to assess their workers’ productivity and make sure they are getting the most out of their employees. Not only is it good for business, but it is also a skill that can be of benefit to the workers themselves.
You’ve heard it before, ‘time is money’ and it’s true. Everyone is given the same amount of time in a day and it is up to you to make the best use of your time. If you waste time at work, it means you are getting less work done, which in turn costs the company money.
Effective time management will mean you prioritize your tasks efficiently, deliver on Time, Improve Efficiency and Productivity, Provide Better Quality Work, Make Better Decisions, Eliminate Procrastination, Reduce Stress and Anxiety, Improve Your Work/Life Balance, Become More Successful at Work
Effective time management can have a hugely positive impact on your work and your life in general. Taking the time to develop these skills can be a great asset and make employee better and more productive.
Participants will learn how to improve their individual performance at work and understand how it affects the achievement of the organizational goals.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
This training course is designed to help participants develop their skills in time management to achieve more effective results in less time.
Time management courses and workshops will help delegates increase work effectiveness.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Identify your own particular time wasters and adopt strategies for reducing them.
- Recognise the variety of causes of procrastination and apply relevant techniques to overcome these.
- Clarify and prioritise your objectives and goals, by creating more planning time.
- Adopt appropriate strategies for dealing with interruptions and anything else which ‘steals’ your time.
- Use practical techniques for organising work.
- Reduce time spent in meetings yet contribute more effectively.
- Define assertiveness and related types of behaviour
- Choose assertive responses to different time management situations
- Using Project Management Framework to management time
- Understand and manage the different personalities present at the work place and how these personalities affect the behaviors (performance of tasks) of stakeholders in the work setting.
Time Management Basics
- What is time management?
- Advantages of effective time management
- Disadvantages of poor time management
The Art of Self Leadership
- Disciplines of an effective time manager
- Task Management: Prioritization framework
- Overcoming Procrastination.
Managing Organizational Task
- Understanding Business Goals and Result
- Identifying organizational time wasters and interruptions
- Organizing Your Work:
- Daily/weekly planning.
- Effective time management systems.
- Different meetings for different purposes.
- Structure and control.
- Leadership and time management.
- How to delegate effectively.
- Developing your staff.
- Different styles for different people
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Reduced employee turnover
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improved customer service
- Positive attitude to change
- Achievement of organizational goals
- Increased project success
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
Newly employed junior and mid-level executives of profit and non-profit organizations responsible for expediting the achievement of organizational goals, in particular: Mid-Level executives, newly employed staff and Team members responsible for delivering results in an organizations value chain.
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT