THE CSE EXAM AND ELIGIBILITY
- Hold a bachelors degree from an accredited university
- Meet the standards of education and experience as established by one of the profession’s most distinguished panel of experts and universities
- Comply with the SMEI Statement of Ethical Professional Practice
- Pass the CSE exams organised by the SMEI
- Pay the certification entrance fee
Candidates can sit for the Exam prior to satisfying the Professional Work Experience requirements, however to be eligible for the CME Certification, proof of Professional Work Experience must be provided.
CSE CERTIFICATION BASIC REQUIREMENTS
To retain the CSE® credential, a certified individual must accumulate 20 hours of qualified continuing education or professional development or 10 hours of qualified continuing education and 10 qualifying hours in other areas–such as leadership, instruction, or writing–every year and submit a completed Certification Renewal Report form along with the appropriate fee.