Meeting organizational goals, providing services, as well as fulfilling the vision and mission of an organization in various roles, centers around the employees. However, due to the changing realities of workplaces, it is important to consider what happens to these roles and services if a key member left.
The continued existence of an organization over time requires a succession of persons to fill key position, because the loss of valuable leadership can cripple a company.
In the face of skill shortages and a lack of confidence in leadership potential, succession planning has gained popularity, and is now carried out in both large and small organisations.
Business succession planning is essentially preparing successors to take on vital leadership roles when the need arises. This entails evaluating each leader’s skills, identifying potential replacements both within and outside of the company, and in the case of internal replacements, training those employees so they’re prepared to take over.
With careful planning and preparation, organizations can manage the changes that result from a generational transfer of leadership, as well as the ongoing changes that occur regularly when key employees leave an organization.
The Succession Planning Course would arm participants with a thorough understanding of the methods and techniques for business succession planning and skill building to implement changes in leadership smoothly and successfully.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Learn the importance of succession planning
- Understand the process of succession planning
- Differentiate between succession planning and replacement planning
- Recognise the importance of mentoring as a component of succession planning
- Learn to set goals using a SWOT analysis
- Draft a plan, assign responsibilities and establish monitoring systems
- Learn to anticipate obstacles and design proactive measure to surmount them
- Learn how to gain managers’ support for a succession plan
- Understand the importance of change management
- Manage change during transitions and successions
- Know how to re-evaluate goals and focus on progress
- Recognise when success has been achieved
- Benefits of succession planning and talent management programs
- Emerging business trends as a driver of Succession Planning
- The life cycle of succession planning and talent management programs
- Replacement charting for visualizing gaps in a succession plan
- How to link succession planning and talent management to HR plans and organizational strategy
- Succession Planning versus Replacement Planning
- Tested models for succession planning execution
- Closing performance and developmental gaps in succession planning
- Evaluating the future work requirements
- The Role of change management is succession planning
- Alignment of Organizational present and future competency model
- Performance management models that supports succession planning
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Reduced risk
- Continuous business growth
- Organization sustainability
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving
- Enhanced decision making processes
- Employee development
- Time and cost savings
- Employee motivation and satisfaction
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
Leaders and managers of profit and non-profit organizations responsible or involved in the strategic management of an organization, in particular: Executive Directors, Senior Managers, HR Leaders, Managers, Coordinators (such as of human resources, administration, planning) and Consultants
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT