STRATEGIC HR MANAGEMENT: CARVING THE NICHE OF INDISPENSABILITY
In 1999, companies that make use of the performance framework for Human Resource Management boasted of a 66% higher return on sales, a 20% higher return on assets, a 20 percent higher return on investment, and a 13% higher return on equity, USC investigators report.
This study clearly suggests that “The kinds of practices that HR develops and support have an impact on the bottom line,” Lawler says. “While HR doesn’t directly produce revenue, it doesn’t go out and find new business or open new markets; HR certainly improves the effectiveness of the organization, which allows the company to find new business or open new markets.”
Human resource management is undergoing tremendous change in the 21st century – moving from a transactional to strategic function i.e. business partners.
Global volatility, ethical scrutiny, corporate sustainability, emerging web-based technologies and the need for organizations to measure and access the value of human capital activities are just some of the new business challenges. Today’s human resource management practitioners must be global business partners as well as HR innovators, including fluency in finance, economics and various lines of business, make use of human capital management strategies, including the use of databases, statistical models and analytical skills that help drive key business objectives, develop specialized skills as more general practices (payroll and benefits, for example) become automated or outsourced and embrace diversity and inclusion management as a tool for innovation and continuous improvement to mention a few.
Human resource Management skills is critical to the success of every organization. With thoughtful following of human resource management framework, organizations can better increase their ROI.
Effective management of human resources is therefore of strategic interest to organizations so as to have a competitive advantage over rivals.
Whether your goal is to learn the basics of Human resource management or to improve your personal mastery of people management, this course will deliver this result.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
The Strategic HR course is to equip HR leaders with the knowledge and mastery of generally accepted HR principles in strategy and policy development as well as service delivery.
This intensive learning experience will deliver long-term value, helping managers and leaders to:
- Link HR related decisions with business strategy.
- Integrate product development, process developments, and value-chain strategy.
- Develop organization and supply-chain strategies to position the company for future growth.
- Use different change management models to steer up organizational change.
- Leverage learning and innovation in collaboration with customers, lead users, and suppliers, thus maximizing the value of research.
- Understand how technologies and markets evolve and how they are linked.
- Outperform the competition by generating breakthrough ideas.
- Cope with shorter product life cycles, while delivering greater customer satisfaction.
- Optimize sourcing and “make-buy” decisions.
- Project-manage strategic initiatives.
- Engage talent within the organization and across the value chain.
HR as a Business Leader
- HR-A Cornerstone of The Business
- Creating an Effective Strategic HR Organization
- The Strategic Planning Process In Organizations
- Strategic HR Management ,Business Trends and Globalization
- Strategy and Value Chain
- Gathering, measuring and reporting HR Data.
- Values and Ethics
- The Influence of Organizational or Corporate Culture
- Change Management and Business Process Improvement for HR Professionals
- Essential Project Management skills for HR Professionals.
People Development and Talent Management
- Job Analysis and Documentation.
- Recruitment and Selection.
- Workforce Planning and Employment Strategies
- New Hire On boarding.
- Recruitment Metrics.
- Talent Management and Facilitating Groups.
- Performance Management and Career Development.
Strategic Approach to Compensation and Benefit
- Total Rewards
- Understanding the value of compensation strategy
- Job Evaluation and Designing a pay structure
Strategic Approach to Measurement
- Basic Measurements for Organizational Management
- HR measurement and Evaluation
- Administering Performance Management System
- Measurement Technology
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Competitive edge
- Maximization of business goals
- Improved effectiveness of the organization
- Sustained positive organizational changes
- Consistent management of functions and skills
- Increased productivity
- Increased employee engagement and performance
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
This course has been designed for middle to senior level HR professionals and for senior functional executives in both the private and public sectors who would like to develop their understanding of the impact that HR can have on an organization and anyone who is responsible for the design and development of HR strategies.
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT