Becoming A Senior Professional in Human Resources (International) SPHRi
The Senior Professional in Human Resources (International), formerly known as Human Resource Management Professional (HRMP), is a globally relevant credential that is designed to validate management-level core human resource knowledge and skills. The credential demonstrates mastery of generally accepted HR principles in strategy and policy development as well as service delivery. Independent of geographic region, the credential complements local HR practices. Through demonstrated knowledge, the credential enhances the credibility of HR professionals and the organizations they serve.
The SPHRi exam is for senior-level HR professionals mainly working in one country. HRMP candidates are involved in talent management, strategy, service delivery, and policy-making activities.
The Senior Professional in Human Resources (International) certification is designed for a senior HR professional who:
- Designs and plans programs in addition to implementing programs;
- Has authority in the HR department;
- Has at least four to seven years of wide-ranging and complex HR experience;
- Has extensive HR generalist knowledge;
- Can judge complicated situations using HR knowledge acquired over many years;
- Understands the business beyond HR and has influence within the overall organization;
- Seeks to strengthen the HR profession and gain credibility through increasing HR knowledge and experience.
BENEFITS OF THE SPHRi PROGRAM
Becoming an SPHRi means you have to pass an exam. The HRMP program sharpens skills and useful competencies that are essential to your career’s success
- Increase your international marketability and give you global mobility with the world’s #1 HRM qualification
- Expose you to the latest HRM concepts and techniques and allow you to demonstrate your mastery of core HRM principles that are essential to best practice HRM
- Broaden your knowledge of business principles, and thus equip you to take on more varied leadership roles in the firm
- Facilitate faster career growth and progression
- Increase the recognition and respect you obtain from peers and managers
- Build your credibility as an expert in HRM
- Increase your ability to handle strategic HRM challenges and think like a strategic leader in the firm
- Develop your ability to recommend strategic HRM interventions that maximise staff productivity and business profits
- Set you apart from other HRM professionals and allow you to be the “go-to” person in the HRM unit
- Increase your value to employers by allowing you to make more effective contributions to business strategy and growth.