SALES FORCE MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS FOR SALES MANAGERS
As the role of a sales person has changed so has that of the sales manager. With high-quality, empowered sales forces, sales managers are likely to provide support and resources more frequently than one-on-one coaching. They focus on internal coordination of the sales efforts so their sales person can spend more time with their customers. Increasingly, they will be asked to manage multiple sales channels, field sales people, as well as telemarketing and electronic marketing.
A sales manager is first and foremost a manager, an administrator, and management is a distinct skill. Only during the past few decades has management (or administration used synonymously) been recognized as a separate body of knowledge. One of the ironies of sales force management is that sales managers were usually promoted into the executive rank because of their talent as sales person but for them to succeed or fail is dependent on their administrative skills. It is important to know that for sales manager to succeed he needs a combination of both technical and administrative skills
Successful sale manager also need a strong mastery of the art of selling. It is difficult to imagine a successful sales manager who has little or no knowledge of selling. The sales force must be confident that the sales manager can lead the group; successful sales experience can inspire such confidence.
A sales manager must also train, motivate and recruit talent to the sales team in order to ensure the company’s goals are being met. Sales managers also acquire new leads and analyze the performance of the current sales staff in order to make adjustments for the best possible performance.
Sales managers have a lot of questions that needs answers. Such as I have an open territory that needs to be filled as quickly as possible. Where do I start? How do I gain the respect of my team? How can I maximize the skills of each team member? And how do I respond to the daily manager’s challenge? In this seminar, you will gain critical-to-success management skills, from proven communication techniques to interviewing tools…from establishing an effective training program to a six-step coaching process that helps you maximize your sales team’s skills. Certification Edge sales management training will equip sales manager with the right selling techniques and sales management skills to keep your customer base intact as you continue to expand your client list.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
This programme is designed to equip sales leaders, marketing managers and organizational leaders with skills required to Plan, implement and evaluate sales program, with focus on the strategic management of an outside sales force.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Master the personal selling process
- Develop a more detailed understanding of customers’ business
- Develop, train and coach the sales team.
- Select sales team members and stimulating individual talent
- Identify what motivates sales team and implement it for better engagement
- Design a sales territory plan
- Create and manage sales systems, processes and protocols
- Continually seek ways to exceed customer expectations and bring added value to the buyer-seller relationship.
- Manage sales performance budgets and targets
- Support the sales effort and instill discipline
- Create a flexible learning and adapting environment.
- Identify and use sales evaluation tools
Introduction to Sales Force Management
- The Field of Sales Force Management
- Strategic Sales Force Management
- The Personal Selling Process
Organizing, Staffing and Training Salesforce
- Sales Force Organization
- Profiling and Recruiting Sales People
- Selecting and Hiring Salespeople
- Developing, Delivering, and Reinforcing a Sales Training Program
Directing Salesforce Operations
- Motivating a Sales Force
- Sales Force Compensation
- Sales Force Quotas and Expenses
- Leadership of a Sales Force
- Forecasting Sales and Developing Budgets
- Sales Territories
Evaluating Sales Performance
- Analysis of Sales Volume
- Marketing cost and profitability analysis
- Evaluating a Salesperson’s Performance
- Ethical and Legal Responsibilities of Sales Managers
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Increased sales
- Improved customer service
- Up-selling, cross-selling and on-selling to other products
- Increased efficiency and productivity of sales managers
- Improved ROI
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
Mid-Level and senior level Sales Executives, Sales Managers, Marketing Managers and founders of for-profit organizations responsible for driving organizations profitability, Sales Team Leads, Relationship executives , Marketing Executive and anyone interested in increasing knowledge in the area of sales force management.
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT