PROMOTING A SAFE AND HEALTHY WORK ENVIRONMENT
All workers are entitled to work in environments where risks to their health and safety are properly controlled. Under health and safety law, the primary responsibility for this is down to employers. Employers have a duty to consult with their employees, or their representatives, on health and safety matters.
Workplace health protection and promotion is essential to enhance the overall health and well-being of the workforce and prevent work-related injuries and illnesses.
Research reveals that over 200 people are killed each year in accidents at work and over one million people are injured. Over two million suffer illnesses caused by, or made worse by their work. These are mind-boggling statistics.
Employers have a legal and professional responsibility to provide employees with a workplace that is free from recognized hazards that cause or are likely to cause serious physical injury or death, and to maintain working conditions that are safe and healthy for their employees.
So, preventing accidents and ill health caused by work should be a key priority for everyone at work. As the owner or manager of a business, you know that competent employees are valuable. Your business probably depends on them. More so, it is increasingly being recognized that a healthy workforce is beneficial to employers too, because not only does a healthy workforce promote safety, but in the long run, it improves the success of your company.
There is increasing awareness of the impact our work environment has on us, which ranges from our general health and safety to the specifics of how we set up our work station, hence the importance of health and safety cannot be overemphasized, thereby calling for a more strategic approach in promoting a safe and healthy work environment.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
The programme has been designed to educate members of the organization on the importance of having a safe and healthy environment. It is not just beneficial to the staff, but also to the customers that visit the organization either daily or occasionally.
At the end of this programme, participants should be able to:
- Have full insight on the best practices of workplace health and safety
- Be able to Promote culture of healthy and safe work environment
- Determine steps that can be put in place to ensure a safe and healthy workplace
- To know the potential consequences of workplace hazard, to both the organization and the employees
- Identify the factors that contribute to unhealthy and unsafe work environment
- Learn ways to create and implement a health and safety policy
- Understand the benefit of promoting good health practices amongst the workforce
- Be able to make use of the components of the first aid box in case of an emergency
- Overview of Health , Safety and Security Risk
- An overview of healthy and unhealthy practices in the work place Health and Safety in the Workplace
- Workplace Risk Management
- Risk Assessment
- Accident Prevention, Investigation and Reporting
- Communication and Environment
- Hazards and Controls: Fire, Electricity e.t.c
- Promoting the culture of a healthy and safe work environment
- Proactive steps to ensure the workplace is safe and Healthy
- Potential consequences of hazards in the workplace to the staff and organization as a whole
- Factors that support unhealthy work environment
- Barriers to the implementation of health and safety culture in the work environment
- Creating effective policies to enhance health and safety
- Benefits of health and safety in the work place
- Literature review; case study to explore promotion of health and safety in the workplace
- First Aid administration
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Increased productivity
- Reduced costs
- Reduced healthcare/insurance costs
- Reduced risk of fines/litigation
- Reduced absenteeism
- Improved staff morale
- Reduced staff turnover
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
This programme is compulsory for everyone in the organization. Health and safety promotion is essential in order to ensure a safe and hygienic workspace for both the customers and the employees.
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT