ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT INTERVENTIONS FOR CORPORATE PERFORMANCE
To effectively adapt and thrive in today’s business world, organizations need to implement effective Organizational Development interventions aimed at improving performance at organizational, group and individual levels.
Organization development (OD) is a planned, organization-wide intervention targeted at increasing an organization’s effectiveness and/or efficiency so as to enable the organization capacity to achieve its strategic goals. O.D interventions therefore should be deployed to help organizations transform to cope with change, (beliefs, attitudes, relevance of values, structure and processes) and thus able to better absorb disruptions in the increasing world of competition including the thinning pool of talent which has made succession become difficult to achieve, allowing organizations to continually position themselves for corporate renewal and performance.
Some elements of organizational development includes; training, team building, creativity workshops, employee engagement initiatives, progressive HR policies, and performance rewards.
O.D interventions are sponsored by the management and supported and ‘owned’ by staff at the different levels of the organization. They are broader in scope, usually affecting the whole organization (socio-technical systems).
O.D professionals must have a solid understanding of the different interventions, so as to choose the most appropriate, or ‘mix and match’ them based on the expected results and a solid analysis of the organization and its environment.
Organizations that does not consciously engage in organizational development interventions cannot turnaround their profits and performance in a changing world.
Organizational development enhances Turnaround management which is a process dedicated to corporate renewal. It uses analysis and planning to save troubled companies and returns them to solvency, and to identify the reasons for failing performance in the market, and rectify them
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
This program would endow participants with the requisite knowledge and skill for introducing change systematically by applying a broad selection of management techniques which in turn would leads to greater personal, group, and organizational effectiveness.
At the end of the program, participants should be able to:
- Identify key issues and challenges that could be addressed using OD interventions
- Understand cultural dimensions as it relates to nations and organizations
- Align OD intervention to corporate strategy
- Drive corporate performance using OD
- Diagnose and identify appropriate interventions for total organization systems.
- Improve business processes, and systems using planned interventions.
- Manage change within an organizational context
- How to deploy the various change process theory in managing OD interventions Develop matrices to tract the effectiveness of an OD intervention
- How to measure the impact of planned intervention on organizational effectiveness at various levels
- Overview and history of organizational development
- Understanding the objectives of OD interventions.
- Organizational diagnosis.
- Improving organizational performance& Organizational self-renewal.
- Managing the polarity of planned and emergent change,
- Macro and micro issues in planned change.
- Action research and modern development techniques
- Group dynamics – the building-blocks of intervention
- Change and Turnaround Management
- Change Action Planning
- Galvanizing organizational readiness for change
- Diagnostic Activities: Fact-finding activities designed to ascertain the state of the system, the status of a problem, the “way things are.”
- Common OD interventions
- Team-Building Activities
- Survey Feedback Activities.
- Education and Training Activities
- Structural Activities
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Improved employee morale
- Enhanced quality of products/services
- Enhanced competitive edge
- Increased profit
- Decreased turnover
- Increased productivity
- Increased willingness to change
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
Board members and executive leadership of profit and non-profit organizations responsible for strategic management strategic planning; Senior Managers, HR Leaders, Managers, Coordinators of planning, HR, administration, research and development are the ideal participants for this program.
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT