MAKING THE BEST OF MICROSOFT OFFICE IN THE BUSINESS ENVIRONMENT
The world is fast becoming a global village. In the 21st century where technology has overcome all geographical and time barriers, and technological tools have improved office functions, making businesses more accessible and improved. We must not be left behind. Instead we should take advantage of these tools to achieve organizational goals and take our business to greatness.
Microsoft has done an excellent job of developing quality office productivity software that is used in a number of business environments.
Microsoft Office is a crucial piece of software for use in the present day business environment, that has changed the way we work, interact and how office culture has evolved.
It incorporates desktop publishing, design and data handling features, allowing businesses to create many different types of professional documents for both internal and external purposes, with Microsoft Word.
It also offers the users the ability to keep track of stock and of finances with Microsoft Excel, present their ideas at meetings with Microsoft PowerPoint, and keep a database of customers and their information with Microsoft Access.
Microsoft Project can be used in Managing time, tasks, people and resources effectively. It can make the difference between success and failure when completing a complex project. It is expedient for every business to embrace a model that helps keep projects on track, on time and within budget by maximizing the potentials inherent in Microsoft Project.
Microsoft Outlook eliminates the need to switch between accounts, creates an ease of plugging appointments into a calendar and managing tasks, thereby making communications faster.
This course is designed to arm participants with Microsoft office proficiency, needed to make the best use of the offerings of Microsoft office to manage every business operations.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
This programme is designed to enlighten and elaborate the relevance of Microsoft Office in the work place.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand and identify the ever increasing applications in Microsoft Office.
- Increase proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Tools.
- Isolate each Microsoft office application; correctly identify the functions of each and its uniqueness from other applications.
- Learn how to create educative, informative, graphical and entertaining documents and newsletters with Microsoft.
- Learn how Microsoft office can help you manage your work space efficiently and increase productivity.
- Learn the art of making professional and power packed office presentation.
- Learn email organization, scheduling and calendaring
- Using Microsoft Office tools for accounting functions
- Introduction to Microsoft office
- Microsoft Office Latest Applications and their Relevance in the Work Place
- Microsoft Word:
- Advantages of Microsoft Word in the business environment
- Managing Your Microsoft Word Work Space
- Techniques to improve productivity, structure and automation, common Word tasks, Generating Professional Reports.
- Mastering Documentation; document management and production, and Advanced tasks
- Using Simple Tools to Create Entertaining and Informative Newsletters
- Setting Up Forms and Templates for Information-Gathering
- Word Excel
- Basic Excel concepts
- Orientation and efficiency
- Administration and data handling
- Data analysis and presentation.
- Accounting functions; macros and calculation
- Advanced Excel
- Advanced graphs and presentation techniques
- Visual Basic and Macros
- Advanced uses of PivotTables and Power Pivots.
- Power Point
- Foundational concepts
- Slide Editing
- Administration and Efficiency
- Communicating Analysis
- Making an impact with your presentation.
- Effective Outlook
- Working with email effectively
- Managing appointments; calendaring and scheduling meetings, contacts, and to-do lists
- Linking and synchronization
- Pivot Table
- Filtering, sorting and grouping
- Formatting and Presenting Data
- Handling Calculations and Reporting
- Share Point
- fundamental SharePoint concepts
- Sharing; content, knowledge, work and information.
- One Drive for Business
- Microsoft Teams;
A chat-based workspace that integrates all the people, content and tools your business teams need to be more engaged and effective
- Skype for Business
HD video conferencing with Skype for Business
Streamline project, resource and portfolio management with Microsoft Project & Portfolio Management (PPM). Integrated planning tools help you keep track of projects and stay organized.
Simplify and communicate complex information using data-linked diagrams.
- Benefits of Microsoft Office in the work environment
- Security and Data Protection capabilities of Microsoft Office; sharing documents without compromising design or security
- Accounting fundamentals using Microsoft Office Tools
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- System security
- Cost savings
- Competitive edge
- Increased innovation
- Increased efficiency and effectiveness
- Productive collaboration
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
Newly employed junior and mid-level executives of profit and non-profit organizations responsible for expediting the achievement of organizational goals, in particular: Mid-Level executives, newly employed staff and Team members responsible for delivering results in an organizations value chain.
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT