Is this Certification Right for Me?
Let the business world know you have the knowledge and skills needed to manage HR challenges in a global marketplace. Earn the Global Professional in Human Resources® (GPHR®) from HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®). The GPHR demonstrates your mastery of multinational HR responsibilities, including strategies of globalization development of HR policies and initiatives that support organizational global growth.
Am I Eligible?
To be eligible for the GPHR you must meet one of the following conditions for education and experience:
- Have at least two years of experience* in a global professional-level HR position + a Master’s degree or higher,
- Have at least three years of experience* in a professional-level HR position (at least two in global HR) + a Bachelor’s degree, OR
- Have at least four years of experience* in a professional-level HR position (at least two in global HR) + a high school diploma.
*Note: Global HR experience is defined as having direct, cross-border HR responsibilities for two or more countries or regions
What Is the Exam Format & Length?
- Computer-based Testing (CBT) at a Prometric testing center
- Exam time: 3 hours.
- Exam length: 140 multiple-choice questions + 25 pretest questions
What Is Covered?
Review the GPHR Exam Content Outline for details.
How Much Does the Exam Cost?
Exam Fee*: $620
*Once an exam application is approved, no refunds will be made whether a candidate withdraws or no longer wishes to take the exam because the access code to the HR cannot be rescinded/de-activated.
When Can I Take the Exam?
Testing for the GPHR is available year-round, subject to availability at the Prometric testing center of your choice.
How Do I Remain Certified?
Your GPHR certification is valid for three years after testing. To maintain your GPHR credential, you must earn 60 recertification credits over the three-year time span or retake the exam. Of the 60 recertification credits required, 15 must be Global credits. Learn more about HRCI recertification requirements.