EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION FOR BUSINESS EXCELLENCE
To increase productivity among team members and to foster better relationship between the business and its customers, the flow of communication must be consciously managed. In early times, business communication was limited to paper-work, telephone calls etc. But now with advent of technology, we have cell phones, video conferencing, emails, and satellite communication to support business communication, so the process of business communication has become more complex and the need for good communicators has increased manifold.
Effective communication is the most important pillar for business excellence, causing productivity to increase, errors to decrease and operations to run smoother. It helps to foster a good working relationship amongst staff, which can in turn improve morale and efficiency. Without an effective communication, the internal and external structure of a business can face numerous challenges that can ultimately lead to its demise.
When the internal forces of a business are working toward communicating the same message to vendors, suppliers and customers, effective communication can also lead to a boost in sales for the business. Essentially, this creates a win-win situation. The customers who can benefit from the company receive the messages they need to make them aware of the company and to make a purchase, which in turn boosts the sales of the company.
Effective communication means the intended message you send is received by your audience without any distortions in meaning. This gets the job done well, on time and on budget.
Participants in this course will gain perspectives and insights into the use of communication tools, which can be implemented in their working contexts and also acquire resources for communicating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME
The programme has been designed in such a way that various members of an organization can participate, learn and understand the principles supporting effective business communication.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the basics of business communication
- Have full insight on the practices of effective communication
- Understand how to carry out effective communication
- Understand the categories and sub-categories of business communication
- Understand the characteristics of effective business communication
- Detect barriers of effective business communication
- Know the guidelines for effective business communication
- Be able to place publications that will yield good result e.g. blog posts, banners, flyers, etc.
- Understand the power of the seven C’s of communication
- Be efficient at developing rapport with employees, customers or other members of staff
- Use case study to identify trends and results of various business communication strategies
- Know how to get the target audience’s attention with the information
- Finally, become efficient in promoting the product/service via various platforms
- Understand the Fundamentals of English Grammar
- Apply of the Rules of Concord in Writing
- List Common Errors in Business Writing
- Develop Vocabulary for Succinct Business Writing
- Master Basic Templates for Business Writing
- Develop a Presentation Slide
- Master Professional Etiquette in Writing and Speaking
- Business Communication Essentials
- Barriers to effective business communication
- Learning effective communication Practices
- An overview of business communication
- Define business communication
- What are the components of a communication process?
- Understanding the types of business communication (verbal/oral ,Written, Electronic )
- Learning the characteristics of strategic business communication
- Barriers of effective communication
- Guidelines for effective communication
- Seven C’s of communication
- Importance of business communication in an organization
- Literature review; case study to explore the trends of strategies of business communication
- Communication via Social Networking Sites such as twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Increased productivity
- Wider business appeal
- Increased efficiency
- Decreased rate of employee turnover
- Effective team building
- Improvement in overall work culture
- Increased employee satisfaction
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
This programme is recommended for everyone both for profit and non-profit organizations. Admin Assistant, Office Administrator, Secretary or Receptionist and Professionals who want to manage their careers and have better work place relationships.
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT