FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS FOR NON-FINANCIAL MANAGERS
In today’s complex economy, a basic requirement for virtually every manager in any discipline, is a solid grasp on the numbers side of business.
Some of the key issues faced by businesses, organizations, projects and programs include; efficiency, financial sustainability, cost effectiveness, accountability and transparency, especially in a time in which development organizations are under pressure to prove their effectiveness.
In order for managers to understand how their business is performing at any given time and to evaluate, assess, and devise new strategies to boost future performance, they need information. Financial statements are a critical source of that information, because it forms the language of business.
Thus, every manager and professional needs a comfortable grasp of the concepts and language of financial management if they are to play their full part in making decisions and monitoring performance, because a working knowledge of financial principles and their application is essential for a manager to be effective.
Yet many managers struggle with the link between financial information and decision-making in daily operations, which is where this course comes to play.
This course is designed specifically, to equip managers from all backgrounds with critical skills on key aspects of finance, essential to growing a business.
Also you will Learn critical financial fundamentals to enable you confidently communicate with financial practitioners, understand how to analyze and evaluate financial decisions, and contribute more to the creation of shareholder value.
LEARNER’S LEARNING OUTCOME:
This programme is designed for people that lack basic understanding of business finance as well those who would like to improve on fore knowledge. It explains the language and the basic concepts of accounting used by professionals in finance.
At the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Plan more effectively as to take the financial impact of your decisions into consideration;
- Identify what causes and drives costs;
- Gain insight into working capital management;
- Apply key ratios and performance measures;
- Understand growth, cash-flow and profitability considerations;
- Implement the concept of contribution and marginal costing;
- Calculate discounted cash-flow and capital costs; and
- Comprehend the principles of valuation and value creation from an economic perspective.
- Getting to know your Balance Sheet
- How operating activities are revealed in the Balance Sheet and in the Profit & Loss Account
- Classifying your revenues & expenses
- Adjusting your Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account
- How your assets and liabilities change over time
- Observing the uses and changes in your funds
- How to analyse your Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Account
- Managing your working capital – cash budget, control of accounts receivables and inventories
- The Funds Statement – working capital flows and cash flows
- Corporation accounts – issue of capital stock, dividends and reserves planning
- Defining and understanding the fundamentals of financial analysis
- Introduction & Overview : Project Risk Assessment ,Contracts, Billings and Cash Flow , Project Costing and Forecasting
- Financial Statement Overview
- Importance of financial management
- Learn the process of reading financial statements
- Understanding financial ratios
- Understanding numbers to improve company performance
- Balance Sheet balances, difference between profit and cash flow and how financial statements work together
- Formal lectures
- Case studies
- Group exercises
- Experience sharing
- Role Playing
- Long term financial sustainability
- Improved gross profit margin
- Efficient utilization of resources
- Improved accountability to stakeholders
- Improved relationship with funding agencies, partners, and beneficiaries
WHO CAN ATTEND THE TRAINING?
Supervisors, Leaders and managers of profit and non-profit organizations responsible or involved in the strategic management of an organization, with no financial background
COURSE DURATION AND FEE:
The price to the training intervention for a period of three (3) days is Eighty-five thousand naira (#85,000) per participants. Under the following assumptions
- CERTIFICATION EDGE will not be responsible for the training venue and feeding of participants.
- The class will contain a minimum of 20 participants.
- Cost does not include VAT